The Endless Highway

The Endless Highway

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spare Bits

For us cold climate people camping season is upon us. I have compiled a list of what I carry on board to fix an '89 Westy. . These are the bare minimal mechanical parts I feel are necessary for my comfort level. Meaning, I do not plan on changing a main seal on the side of the road. So , if I have a major breakdown it will be  call AAA time.


Fuel lines and a metal splint to help splice hoses.
Headlamp switch.
Fuel pump and hose clamps
Fan belts
Ignition coil
Ignition wires
Idle control valve
Lithium battery jumper and cables
Asst. electrical wire and  assorted crimp on connectors and electrical tape
Steel wool and sand paper
Baling wire
Cable ties
Valve cover gaskets
Duct tape
JB weld
Coolant and water
Motor Oil
Penetrating oil
Spare ignition/door key
When all else fails....AAA card

and of course a my good tool bag.

- I didn't include a Ox sensor as I probably won't be able bust it loose from the catalytic converter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment